Dr Dara Seebaran Suite
Male Beauty: How Cosmetic Surgery Defines the Male Face
Updated: Jan 6, 2019
Father's Day is around the corner. Why not give the man in your life a gift he will remember. He wouldn't be alone. Recent statistics show that 1 in 10 cosmetic procedures in the UK are carried out on men. The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons states that the number of men having cosmetic procedures has increased by over 100% since 2000. This week let us examine some of the most popular cosmetic procedures among men.
1. Botox: Ever heard of "Brotox"? Botox in men has become so popular that it now has its own name. I see at least one man every day who is searching to minimise wrinkles on his forehead and around his eyes.
The average man who has botox is middle aged and working in the corporate world. They claim that the refreshed look of Botox helps in the buisness environment and can even contribute to a " poker" face to negotiate important deals. There has also been a rise in Botox among men who are newly single and want to appear their best when on the dating scene. On the flip side, wives are now bringing in their husbands to have Botox. Celebrities are also doing their part to promote the famous anti-wrinkle treatment, especially after Simon Cowell publicly acknowledged having Botox at the 24th Music Industry Trust Awards.
2. Jawline and Chin Sculpting: Men with strong and chiseled jaws are considered to be more handsome. Even science has shown that these men are viewed to be more attractive to ovulating women. Jawline sculpting and chin implants are some of the most common plastic surgeries that men request. Chin implants are usually made of silicon and inserted via the mouth to reduce the visibility of scars. However these can become infected and move requiring surgical correction and even jaw reduction. A safer, though not permanent, option is to have dermal filler injected into strategic locations along the jaw and chin. The upside? It can be tailored to a man's unique face and the changes are not permanent.
3. Rhinoplasty: This is the second most common cosmetic procedure among men. It may be as a result of the higher likelihood of men to sustain broken noses while playing contact sports. Nonetheless, sharp, straight and strong noses are seen to be ideal in men. Surgical rhinoplasty can offer this to men with most scars hidden under the nostrils. The bones in the nose are thin and fragile and once manipulated by surgery, any further corrective work becomes difficult. Men with mild dorsal humps and irregularities could have these corrected without any scars using dermal fillers, with the effects lasting at least 18 months. In fact, many men have the "liquid" rhinoplasty as a precursor to a surgical nose job. Moreover, the "liquid" rhinoplasty is one tenth of the cost of the surgical alternative with almost no downtime.
4. Eye Rejuvenation: Eyebrows in men are located under the brow bridge, and with time these can begin to droop over the eyelids. Men are also prone to large eyebags giving a tired appearance. A surgical blepharoplasty and eyebrow lift can rejuvenate the eye area and transform the face. Non surgical options include botox to lift the eyebrows and open the eyes, as well as tear trough filler to minimise the appearance of dark eyes with bags.
5. Hyperhidrosis: Excessive sweating can be a debilitating condition, affecting a person's confidence, job prospects and even ability to form intimate relationships. Botox injections to the areas affected, most commonly the underarms, prevent the nerves from stimulating the sweat glands. Patients report over 80% reduction in sweating lasting between 4-6months. This can be particularly sought after during the spring and summer months.
There can be no mistake. More and more men are seeking to improve their appearance ( some encouraged by their partners). In the month where we celebrate the men in our lives, Cosmetic Beauty Secrets is offering a 10% discount to men who book any of the treatments discussed in this article. Please contact us for more details. Have a great Father's Day!
#father39sday #father #cosmeticsurgeryinmen #botoxformen #brotox #malerhinoplasty #liquidrhinoplasty #jawlinesculpting #chiselledjaw #malejawenhancement #eyerejuvenation #eyebags #teartroughfiller #crowsfeet #hyperhidrosis #excessivesweating #botoxforhyperhidrosis #botoxforsweating #forheadbotox #foreheadwrinkles #frownlines #father39sdayoffer