How To Look Good Naked
Updated: Jan 6, 2019
I recently had a client divulge her cosmetic goals to me. She said “ I just want to roll out of bed and go about my business without needing makeup.” This got me thinking : how could I look good with a make-up free, naked face?
1. Foundation: Foundation can be a miracle product covering blemishes, acne, redness and areas of hyper-pigmentation. It has its downsides though (check out this article to see more) and can be a bit tedious to apply every day. If you want to escape this drag, the first place to go to is your skincare routine. If acne is your main foe, consider adding in a combination of fruit acids face washes or chemical peels, as these exfoliate dead skin cells and prevent pores from becoming clogged. If hyper-pigmentation keeps you hiding, you should consider adding in a melanin regulator in the form of a prescription strength retinol. Check out this link for our tips on fighting melasma.
2. Concealer: Similar to its cousin foundation, concealer can work wonders, especially around the dark under-eye area. However, the skin around the eye is the thinnest in the entire body, and regularly applying concealer and then removing it using cotton pads can traumatise the skin. This makes the skin darker and worsens the problem. For some people the dark circles are due to a depression in the area known as the tear trough. A small amount of dermal filler placed into this area can brighten and reduce the need for daily concealer. It also has the added benefit of reducing the appearance of eye bags. Win win. Check out this link to see examples.
3. Mascara: The fluttering of long lashes is the dream of most women. Mascara can open the eyes, but there is only so far it can go. If you want a little added length, consider eye lash extensions. In reputable establishments, this consists of applying a single hand made lash to each of your own eyelashes. The length, curl and shape of your eyelashes can be customised giving you a bespoke effect. I am a big fan myself, and not only does it negate the need for mascara, but often eyeliner as well. Many women with eyelash extensions report the same thing " I feel like I don't need any make up now". On average it takes 90 minutes to complete, and the effect lasts 4-5 weeks. My go-to place for eyelashes is Chic Lash Boutique in Nottinghill.
4. Highlighter, bronzer and contour: This combination can create a killer cheekbone and a jawline as sharp as a razor. But what if you could wake up with a model's chiselled features? Dermal filler facial contouring is at an all time high because it achieves just that. Well placed, long lasting but temporary injections of hyaluronic acid along the cheekbone and jawline are ideal for sculpting these features. You may even leave your highlighter and contour behind. Have a look to see what we mean.
5. Lip liner: While lip liner was designed to prevent lipstick from running, many women use it to make their lips seem just a little bit bigger. If you spend a few minutes every day doing this, you may want to consider a longer lasting alternative. Lip enhancement with hyaluronic acid can subtly define the lip border, accentuate the cupid's bow and plump the body of lips. Depending on the product used, the effect can last for up to a year. That's a lot of lip liner you don't need to buy anymore. To see some of the lips we have enhanced, click here.
Ok everyone, these are my tips for going make up free. What do you use to go a bare faced? I'd love to know!
#nakedface #makeupfree #barefaced #foundation #concealer #mascara #contour #highlighter #bronzer #lipliner #lipstick #lipaugmentation #lipenhancement #cupidsbow #jawlinesculpting #jawfillers #cheekfiller #cheekenhancement #cheekaugmentation #eyelashextensions #teartroughfiller #teartroughrejuvenation #darkcircles #undereyebags #acne #chemicalpeels #obagi #retinol #melasma #pigmentation