How to Keep "That" New Year's Resolution.
If you are like me, thinking "Gosh I've put on a few pounds this year" then this is the perfect opportunity to set out a plan for a healthier you in 2017.
You won't be alone. Over 90% of New Year's resolutions include weight loss, but by the last weekend in January 80% of dieters have given up. Most people give up because their new eating regime is too strict or leaves them hungry and unsatisfied.
Arbonne's 30 Days to Healthy Living and Beyond focuses on increasing our overall wellbeing through the foods and nutrients we ingest. There are six basic tenants of the programme
1. It is not a deprivation diet. It is not a fast and there is no calorie counting. This is key to long-term success. Very few people can spend their entire lives fixated on calories without developing an eating disorder.
2.Clean eating. All of the Arbonne nutritional supplements are free of pesticides, antibiotics, hormones, artificial flavourings and toxins. The programme suggests a wide range of delicious recipes based on organic food.
3.Increase nutritional intake.
In Britain, one in four adults is obese, making the UK the 'fat man" of Europe. To make matters worse, this trend is set to continue with obesity rates having trebled in the past 30 years. Obesity is tied closely to deprivation, so it's not surprising that there are over 3 million people in the UK who are malnourished.
Arbonne's nutritional supplements and dietary guidance ensure that we ingest sufficient protein, fibre, complex carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals for optimum health.
4. Eliminate Allergenic food: 1% of the British population has Coeliac disease, an an autoimmune condition triggered by eating Gluten. However more people have Non-Coeliac gluten sensitivity, where eating gluten triggers bloating, constipation or loose bowels. Five percent of the people in the UK have lactose intolerance, resulting in severe gut symptoms if dairy or milk products are ingested.
The entire programme is free of dairy and gluten and the nutritional supplements have the vegan seal. If you suspect that you have food sensitivities this programme helps you to identify which foods may be triggering reactions, and shows you which foods to substitute in their place.
5. Balance Blood Sugar:
The body closely controls blood sugar levels through insulin and other hormones. When we ingest foods high in unrefined sugar, our blood sugar levels surge triggering the release of insulin. Insulin reduces the sugar levels in our blood by converting the sugar into other substances and eventually fat.
Eating foods that are low in the glycaemic index ensures that sugar is gradually released from our foods, preventing the surges of insulin that can be unhealthy.
The 30 Days to Healthy Living Programme has a wide range of recipes using foods low on the glycaemic index. The nutritional supplements are free of unrefined sugar.
6. Support elimination organs: The body has its own waste management system, consisting of the liver which metabolises toxins and the kidneys and bowels that excrete waste. By increasing our water, fibre and vitamin intake we support these organs in their vital tasks.
The 30 Days to Healthy Living consists of a 30 day plan of recipes, meal replacements, protein shakes, herbal teas, fiber, digestive aids, vitamins and minerals. There is advice on correct portion size of each of the food groups and suggested meal times to optimise digestion.
Here is a quick overview the products.
1. Meal Replacement Shakes: Entirely plant-based protein in either vanilla or chocolate flavours. Each shake contains 20 grams of protein, minerals, flax seed and botanicals. Low on the glycaemic index, these shakes are an excellent meal replacement. They are cholesterol free, do not have dairy or soy and are vegan and Kosher certified.
2. Daily Fibre Boost: Each portion contains twelve grams of fibre sources from grains, fruits and vegetables. Entirely heat resistant, the fibre can be added to both cold and warm food. It can even be baked. The best part is that each serving is nearly half of the daily recommended amount of fibre.
3. Energy Fizz Sticks: A powerful blend of vitamin B12, vitamin B6, riboflavin and niacin, these fizz sticks provide a natural energy boost. Use as a substitute for acidic and addictive caffeine, to combat tiredness and fatigue.
The best part: Only thirteen calories per serving... but who's counting?
4 Digestion Plus: A combination of naturally occurring enzymes and probiotics which promote health digestion.
5. Omega-3-Plus: Vegan capsules of naturally occurring omega 3 fatty acids derived from algae. Crucial for cognitive health and brain function.
6. Herbal Infusion Blend: A delicious caffeine free herbal tea containing nine botanicals.
Give yourself the peace of mind to enjoy the festive season, knowing that your January plan is in place. The daily cost of the programme is roughly the same as two cups of coffee from Starbucks. For that price, you can replace up to two meals a day, making the programme an economical plan for a cash-strapped January.
When you join the programme you join a community of like minded individuals seeking a healthier life and you get a personal coach as well! Several of my friends on the programme are already reporting:
Substantial weight loss
Higher energy levels
More productivity and concentration
If this has piqued your interest contact us at Cosmetic Beauty Secrets for more information or go straight to the Arbonne website here.